Canon PIXMA Printer Scanner Without Ink Cartridges
Best Methods To Use Canon PIXMA Printer Scanner Without Ink Cartridges
Does it possible to use Canon PIXMA Printer Scanner Without Ink Cartridges? It sounds impossible, but when you can do that, it sounds incredible. In fact, there are some multifunction Canon PIXMA machines have this capability. It means that you can use the machine to scan even though the ink is empty.
How to use Canon PIXMA Printer Scanner Without Ink Cartridges? Before reading this tutorial, please make sure that your machine is one of the PIXMA multifunction products. Here are some examples of the products:
- Canon PIXMA MG5520
- Canon MP-198
- Canon MP250
Using Canon PIXMA Printer Scanner without Ink Cartridges – Method 1
The first method to use is by re-setting the ink detection. After checking that your machine is one of the PIXMA printers, you can use the Canon PIXMA Printer Scanner Without Ink Cartridges by pressing and then holding the ‘stop’ button. Hold it for five seconds to reset the ink detection. Once you heard the sound of the alarm clearly, this machine allows you to scan without the ink cartridges. Well, as simple as that.
Canon PIXMA Printer Scanner Without Ink Cartridges – Method 2
If the first method of using Canon PIXMA Printer Scanner Without Ink Cartridges did not work, these are the following steps to try:
- Make sure that you turn the machine on.
- After that, open the upper part of the machine. This is important because you are going to access the cartridge.
- Next, remove the cartridges.
- Continue Canon PIXMA Printer Scanner Without Ink by turning the machine off.
by turning the machine off.
- Then, disconnect the machine from your PC through the USB cable.
- After that, close the front lid. Alternatively, place the printed page out.
- Hit the ‘stop/reset’ button and hold and then ‘on’ button once you inserted the new paper into the machine paper tray.
- Unhold the ‘stop/reset’ button and at the same time press and again, press the ‘stop/reset’ button twice immediately. After that, release the ‘on’ button.
- If you see the zero (0) on the screen display, you should wait for a minute.
- After that, press the ON button so you can turn the machine off and the paper is ready to move in.
From this point, you should turn the machine on. This condition makes the paper move into the printer, but stop to move in the middle of the machine. You will see the blink ‘E’ and ‘3’. After that, you can open the front lid. The paper will move and then come out. Once you close the front lid, wait for a few minutes. In the end, the machine starts scanning your document with no inks at all.